Welcome to the St. Ambrose Parish Religious Education Program (PREP)!
PREP provides resources for families to grow in discipleship. Registration is open for families with children entering grades 1-8.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR SUMMER 2022 (Levels 7 & 8)
Sessions will be conducted using ZOOM.
Registration Deadline: May 20th
Registration is completed online. To Register Using a Computer
(Please note that the software does not always play nice with smart devices.)
- Visit https://allentown.parishsoftfamilysuite.com.
- If you previously created a My Own Church account, then log in.
- If you need to create a My Own Church account, then click on “New User” and submit your account information. You will then receive a temporary password in your email to complete your account setup.
- Once you are logged in to My Own Church, open the “Religious Education PREP” tab.
- Click on “Online Registration” and provide the requested information for each student. Please note that the system prompts you to enter a first, second and third choice for classes. However, you only need to indicate your first choice.
- Once your registration request is reviewed, you will receive an email confirmation.
- NOTE: By registering for the St. Ambrose Parish Religious Education Program you grant permission to receive emails from St. Ambrose Church.
- Levels 1,2,4,5,6 A Family of Faith: $50 per FAMILY
- Level 3 First Reconciliation/First Eucharist: $40 per STUDENT
- Level 7 Theology of the Body: $40 per STUDENT
- Level 8 Confirmation: $40 per STUDENT
Options To Submit PREP Tuition
- After submitting the online registration, click on the "Pay Now" button at the bottom of the summary page.
- If you previously set up your parish online giving:
- Return to the My Own Church home page.
- Open the “My Offering” tab.
- Click on “Online Giving” and open the “Give Now” tab.
- Select “PREP” from the Funds drop down menu.
- To set up online giving:
- Visit https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stambrose or search for “ConnectNow Giving” in your app store.
- In the “Sign In” tab click on “Register for an Account” and submit the required information.
- After your online giving is set up, follow the instructions above.
If you experience technical difficulty or have questions, please contact Mary Ellen Johns, Director of Religious Education at 570-385-1031 or [email protected]
DOWNLOAD THE PARISH APP and select "Parish Religious Education Program" in the Message Settings to receive notifications.
CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLE APP CLICK HERE FOR THE GOOGLE PLAY APP
Families with children in Levels 1,2,4,5,6 participate in “A Family of Faith,” which provides parents/guardians with formation opportunities that build community while empowering them to explore faith lessons with their children in the home setting. Families gather monthly on Sunday evening from 6:00-7:20 pm. After prayer and discussion in the Parish Center, students move to classrooms where adult mentors affirm the lessons that have been explored in the home setting throughout the previous weeks. In addition, families gather for seasonal sessions including Fall, Advent and Lent.
CLICK HERE to visit the "A Family of Faith" Page.
FIRST RECONCILIATION & FIRST EUCHARIST
Children who have actively engaged in religious formation and whose readiness has been discerned, are welcome to receive the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist. Students meet with adult mentors every other Sunday for "immediate" preparation. In addition, parents work with students in the home setting to broaden and affirm the lessons. Families attend seasonal Family Gatherings during Fall, Advent, Lent and Year-End.
Adaptive Resources are available for Sacramental Preparation by contacting the Director of Religious Education, Mary Ellen Johns at 570-385-1031 or [email protected]
CLICK HERE to visit the FIRST RECONCILIATION Page.
CLICK HERE to visit the FIRST EUCHARIST Page.
Level 3 Sessions: Sundays 6:00-7:15 pm Sessions take place twice a month.
Families with children entering Level 7 will explore Theology of the Body for Teens in which middle school students discover God’s plan for love and life. Parents are intimately involved through parent-child discussion and projects.
Families with children who have completed Levels 1-7 are eligible to participate in Level 8 Confirmation preparation. Parents/Sponsors are intimately involved in the candidates' formation through discussion and affirmation of lessons.
SUMMER 2022 UPDATE: Students will meet using Zoom. Students who do not attend the Summer 2022 sessions will attend the 2022-2023 semester sessions. Level 8 will meet throughout the Fall semester. Level 7 will meet throughout the Spring semester.
CLICK HERE to visit the CONFIRMATION Page.