THANK YOU for your interest in sharing your time and talents with the young people at St. Ambrose.
To help you track your compliance, please refer to the Safe Environment Requirements Checklist. In addition, direct links to cited background check websites and diocesan policies are included below.
All volunteers who are reasonably expected to come into contact with young people are required to read and sign the following policies:
- Diocese of Allentown Sexual Abuse Policy
- Diocese of Allentown Code of Conduct (UPDATED)
- Child Protective Services Law policy for the Diocese of Allentown.
PA State Police Criminal Record Check
CLICK HERE to register.
PA Child Abuse History Clearance
CLICK HERE to register.
FBI Fingerprint Criminal Background Check
- Complete the Diocese of Allentown Background Check Authorization form and submit to the local safe environment coordinator.
- The local safe environment coordinator will then provide an instruction sheet containing a unique, one-time payment code.
- CLICK HERE to register.
- After registering online and having your fingerprint scanned, submit the receipt to the local safe environment coordinator. DO NOT PHOTOCOPY THE RECEIPT! The paper is photosensitive. Scanning will not destroy the receipt.
Protecting God's Children
Attend a Protecting God's Children Session and submit the Certificate of Attendance to the Safe Environment Coordinator. Click here for a list of PGC sessions.
Mandated Reporter Training (Effective October 2015)
ALL employees as well as those volunteers who have direct contact with children are required to complete Mandated Reporter Training.
The Diocese of Allentown policy requires that all identified mandated reporters complete an online training course. CLICK HERE to begin the online training.
The diocese will accept certificates from any of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Approved Courses for Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Training for Mandated Reporters as listed on the www.keepkidssafe.pa.gov website. The certificate must be dated 2015 or later.
The training will be required to be completed every five years as required by the Commonwealth of PA.
Regional training sessions will be scheduled for those who do not have access to the internet. Sessions are listed HERE.
All forms must be submitted to Mary Ellen Johns, Safe Environment Coordinator, at the Parish Office.